Packing to move is stressful. One of the most important things to do is pace yourself when packing. Start by packing items that are not going to be used until after you move. Remember to get lots of moving supplies in advance. Different size packing boxes, packing tape and packing paper. Start by organizing your:
Decide if you are going to
Everything that you are going to get rid of make sure to remove it from your home within 2 days. Haul off any items that are to be thrown away. Items that you are going to keep need to be organized. Anything that can be packing early needs to be packed and labeled.
- Off season items like winter/summer clothes
- Small decor pieces
- Small appliances seldom used
- Memory items, albums, old school items etc
Label your boxes very carefully. If the box is from your bedroom closet and is all shoes and purses, label the box bedroom closet/ purses & shoes. The more accurate the label the easier it will be to unpack and find items if needed. Keep a clear tote with items that you are going to have to use before and after the move.
This tote will go with you in your car for easy access.
Another clear tote will be needed for;
- Small arrangement of tools that you may need
- extension cords and power strips.
- Light bulbs
- Bathroom tissue
- Paper towels
- Hand soap
- First aid kit
- Cleaning supplies
- Important papers
- Legal documents
- Expensive or important breakables
Let Everyone Know That You Are Moving
Now that you have a New Address, complete your Change of Address notices, and mail them to the following. Keep in mind that the post office will forward your mail for up to one year, but they do expect that you are sending notices to everyone who sends you mail.
Berrien County Michigan Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Post Office
- Friends and relatives
- Magazine and mail order subscriptions
- Professional organizations of which you are a member
- Clubs, social or civic organizations with mailings
- Charge accounts, insurance carriers, and creditors
- Driver’s bureau to receive tag notices
- Voter Registration officials