Recent Blog Posts:
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Valerie Bomberger, Realtor®
My Professional Resume
I service the real estate needs of Michigan. I observe the “golden rule” of proprietorship and treat each associate, client, customer, supplier, and employees the way I prefer to be treated. And because my customers and associates are loyal, they deserve the highest standards.
I live here, I love it, and I think you will too. Southwest Michigan has 60 miles of Lake Michigan Shoreline with white sand beaches, wind-blown dunes, lakeside resorts and vineyards. Our Inland lakes and Rivers number in the thousands. Southwest Michigan has fast paced All Sport Lakes and Quiet No Wake Lakes to kick back and relax on. Michigan is a four season Vacation Destination.
As a real estate professional in Southwest Michigan since 1996, I have done a variety of transactions. I have worked with both buyers and sellers, successfully closing contracts on condos, single family houses and lakefront properties.
I love connecting with people and building relationships with my clients. My number one goal is always to provide exemplary service to build lasting relationships through superior personalized service to achieve professional results for my clients whether they are buying or selling real estate. I educate my clients with each step of the process.
Before becoming a real estate agent, my professional careers were always in the housing and commercial property vein. From a successful property development career in Atlanta where, I met and married my wonderful husband Chris. He grew up here in Stevensville where he went to Lakeshore High School. After making the move to St Joseph, Michigan, I decided I could use the experience I had in Atlanta and apply it to being Realtor in Michigan. I got my license and a new career was born and I have been buying and selling ever since!
Commitment to you The Buyer
I will research the MLS for all homes in our area that meet your criteria. You understand that I cannot be aware of every single available property at any given time.
I will arrange private showings for any and all homes you wish to view, including For Sale by Owners.
I will guide you in preparing any offer to purchase, and handle the presentation and negotiation of your offer to closing.
I will provide service on any MLS listed home and any For Sale by Owner, with the express purpose of protecting your best interests as your Buyer’s agent. I will do this as often as necessary to secure a home under the terms you require.
I will provide you with consulting services regarding:
- Strategy about offering price
- Market value information
- Home loan terms – interest rates
- Closing and possession dates – Relocation issues
- Structural, mechanical and home inspection with related reports
- Termite inspections, survey, appraisals and needed by lender for closing
- Title insurance, homeowners insurance, home warranties and mortgage life insurance.
I will obtain answers to any and all questions you may have, however I do not provide legal, investment, environmental, engineering, or tax advice, or any advice, which requires the services of a expert in another profession. I advise the buyer to contact professionals on these matters.
You are aware that I may also represent other buyers who have interest in purchasing a property in which you have interest. This is referred to as a Dual Agents.
I agree not to discriminate against any group or individual in any manner that would violate State or Federal laws. I will follow the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of Realtors.
Buyers Commitment to Val
- You will immediately seek Pre approval from a home lender of your choice.
- You will notify me of any homes you wish to tour.
- You will inform For Sale by Owners and any Real Estate Agents that you are working with me and you will make any offer to purchase a home through Valerie Bomberger at RE/MAX Harbor Country.
- If you are in anyway dissatisfied with the services you receive from me, you will immediately discuss your concerns with me so we can work to resolve the issue. Customer satisfaction is very important to me.
These commitments to each other allow me to provide you the highest level of real estate service possible. For these services you owe me NOTHING but a commitment to work exclusively through me.
Commitment to you The Seller
As your Seller's Broker/Agent I act solely on your behalf and owes duties to you as the seller, which includes good faith, loyalty, and fidelity. I will negotiate on behalf of, and act as an advocate for, you the seller. You as The Seller are legally responsible for the actions of the Broker/Agent when that agent is acting within the scope of the agency. By law the Broker/Agent must disclose to buyers or tenants all adverse material facts about the property known by the Broker/Agent.
A separate written listing agreement is required which outlines the duties and obligations of the parties. The “listing agreement” is a contract between a real estate agent and a home seller that says that the Broker/Agent has the right to list (advertise and handle the sale of) your house. It’s important to understand the terms of the agreement, because you’ll be bound by them, and while a listing agreement is good for us, because it obligates you to work with us for at a minimum amount of time, it also protects you, as the seller, by explaining Broker/Agent responsibilities and what you can if I do not meet them.
- I will submit your property to the MLS
- I will install signs
- Prepare marketing information and advertising
- Distribute marketing information
- Attempt to give 1-hour notice to show
- Review market continuously.
- Follow up with other agents who show home.
- Communicate with you regularly.
Sellers Commitment to Val
- Complete all repairs and cleaning.
- “Stage” your home to be appealing.
- Keep home ready for showing.
- Hide valuables (also prescriptions).
- Keep marketing information out for buyers.
- Call me if information sheets are depleted.
- Leave premises for showings.
- Call me with any questions.
- Market your home to friends and acquaintances.
- Keep me advised where to reach you or give permission to show if you are unavailable.
- Refuse to discuss terms with buyers or their agents without me present.